Frequently Asked Questions
- Boot with Active@ Boot Disk.
- Mark the checkbox to Initialize network interface:
- Run the included Internet browser ("Start" > "Internet" > "QtWeb Internet Browser") and type https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx in the browser's address bar and press Enter.
Enter your Windows live account e-mail address and type in the verification characters you see in the corresponding field just above the "Next" button, then press the "Next" button to continue.
- Select the method for resetting the password which is most suitable to your situation. If you can't remember your account's secret question and details, click on "I can't use any of these options".
- Enter your account's e-mail and contact e-mail address which Microsoft will use to send you information about your account, then press "Next" again.
- Fill out the requested fields and press the "Submit" button.
- Remove Active@ Boot Disk and turn off your computer.
- Access to your second e-mail (contact e-mail) account from any other computer via an email client or online e-mail program. For example: Mail program on a Mac, and following the instructions by clicking on the provided link to reset your password:
Enter your account's new password and press "Next".
- Turn on your computer and log in with your Windows Live account and new password.
P.S. Your computer has to be connected to Internet to make these changes.