Active@ Password Changer is very easy to install.
The software can be installed on any computer. During the installation process a bootable floppy disk, CD or USB drive is created with a copy of Active@ Password Changer on it.
This disk is used to boot and run Active@ Password Changer on any computer (including the inaccessible computer from which the password is to be retrieved) in the DOS mode.
Any version of DOS can be used, such as MS-DOS, PC-DOS, DR-DOS, FreeDOS or OpenDOS.
The following steps will guide you through the installation process:
During these installation steps, clicking the [Back] button (when available) takes the user to the previous installation step(s) for any necessary changes
- Download and Save the file Active@ Password Changer executable file (filename: PwdChanger-Setup.EXE) to any suitable directory on your computer's hard drive.
- To start installing Active@ Password Changer, double-click on the downloaded PwdChanger-Setup.EXE file.
- A "Welcome to Active@ Password Changer" screen will be displayed (shown below). Click the [Next] button to proceed to the next step.
- A "Licensing Policy" screen will be displayed (shown below).
- To agree to the Licensing Policy terms select the "I agree to the terms of the license" radio button. This will enable the [Next] button (shown below). Click the [Next] button to proceed to the next step.
- A "Destination Folder" screen will be displayed (shown below). By default the destination folder is set to Your Drive Letter\Program Files\Active Data Recovery Software\Active Password Changer.
- Click the [Browse] button to select a different installation Destination Folder. After confirming the Destination Folder, click the [Next] button to proceed to the next step.
- A "Select Components" screen will be displayed (shown below). There will be four components displayed which are selected by default.
- Select the components which you would like to install and click the [Next] button to proceed to the next step. Selecting 'Bootable Disk Creator' will start the disk creator wizard at the end of the installation. Selecting the 'Bootable ISO image for CD-ROM' will save an ISO image of Active@ Password Changer in the installation Destination Folder. (Creating a bootable CD is explained in a later section)
- A "Start Installation" screen will be displayed (shown below). You can click the [Back] button to change any installation information or click the [Next] button to start the installation process.
- The installation process is quick. Upon successful completion of the installation, an installation successful screen will be displayed (shown below). If you do not intend to create a Bootable Disk with a copy of Registered Active@ Password Changer, un-select the 'Run Bootable Disk Creator' and click the [Finish] button.